Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Application Process and Template  (Read 16757 times)

Tangster

• View Profile
Application Process and Template
« on: May 23, 2006, 02:33:21 AM »
    Thank you for your interest in Forgotten Aspects.  Please be sure to read the following completely as it will guide you through our rather complex application process.  If you have any questions regarding the following, please contact
NaĆ©blis either via Personal Message or in-game, after you apply please add  Naeblis#1734 via battle tag.[/b]. (NOTE:  Even though Tangster originally made this posting, please do not contact him about recruitment.) To apply you must be at the level cap.  We will not consider the application of someone that is not at the level cap.

Step 1: The Application Post
  • All applicants are required to register on these forums.
  • You can register to this forum by clicking on register on the top of this web page you are currently viewing. Creating an account on the front page news website will not register you to this forum.
  • Read the stickies in this forum, most notably our Guild Rules and BBQ/DKP Policy.
  • PM an application to Naeblis and Teal using the form below.  If you fail to properly fill out the provided form, your application will immediately be marked denied until you have learned to properly follow basic directions.
  • A PM can be sent by logging into your forum account and using the "My Messages" tab and "Send a message"
  • Do not apply to multiple guilds while applying to FA.  If we find that you are applying to other guilds, we will immediately mark your application denied.
  • Do not apply to FA if you do not have time to attend our raids.  This means if PvP grinding will keep you from attending our daily raids, perhaps you should wait and apply when your grinding is done and not before.  Not attending raids or being available to attend raids may result in a quick denial of your application.

Step 2: ...
  • It is required that all applicants contact Naeblis or Malfunctionz either in-game or through a forum PM.  Failure to attempt to contact any of these individuals within 3 days of your application posting will result in immediate denial. 

If you would like more information about the state of your class/role in FA, the following is a list of our Aspects:
    • Tank:Murdoc
    • Melee DPS: Damnater
    • Ranged DPS:Gor
    • Healing: Naeblis
    • General: Sarcelle / Qoallet
    • Additionally you can contact one of our other officers:
    • Murdoc

• You must join our applicants chat channel:  FAapplicants. 

Step 3: Profit, err, I mean The Test
    • If you are accepted for a trial, you will be invited to join the guild as a whelp, if not your application will be denied.
    • Whelps will have full access to the guild forums, ventrilo, and the inane joy that is Forgotten Aspects /g.  Then, and only then, will you be privvy to my daily bowel updates.
    • You will be invited to one or more of our raids, likely on farm content and your performance evaluated.  You are encouraged to ask questions and generally be pro.
    • Whelp period lasts for 5 weeks, although raid performance can be a consideration on either shortening or lengthening this period on an individual basis.

Step 4: Drake Status
    • If, at the end of the whelp period, the Aspects are happy with your raid performance and attitude, you will be promoted to Drake.
    • If you have more than 100 DKP when you are promoted to a Drake, your DKP will be reduced to 100 DKP.
    • Being a Drake grants you equal loot priority, access to the Ventrilo raid channel password, and the ability to have F&F and alts join the guild.

Application Tips and Tricks:
       From my mouth to your ears, here are some sure-fire ways to ingratiate yourself with the FA crowd.  I've seen a lot of quality apps fade away because they didn't go the extra mile, so here are some of my recommendations.
       First off, I highly recommend chatting in the FAApplicants channel.  It's there so that my guildies and I can get to know you better and see how you would fit into our guild culture.  Also, we're human beings, so a little brown-nosing goes a long way.  Kiss my ass baby, and I will reward you with purples.
       Get yourself prepared for the fast-paced world of...World of Warcraft raiding.  We favor applicants who have appropriate reputations for high end raiding. 
       Most importantly, you need to be persistent.  If you expect us to track you down after you do the bare minimum, you're in for a nasty surprise.  Applicants that ask to join raids, or ask if they can join in on anything impress us.  If you're a wallflower, well, then, how are we supposed to separate you from everyone else?  Zero impression is usually worse than a bad impression, so don't be afraid to jump in, we don't bite.  Well Tangster does, but I asked him to stop.

(Drafted by Eek, in case the jokes don't make sense when you read them.)[/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:44:58 AM by Teal »
    semper veritas
    ad maiorem gen gloriam

|| Tangster - Troll Priest | Dream - Undead Mage | Morpheus - Tauren Druid ||

Tangster

• View Profile
    Re: Application Process and Template
    « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 02:35:28 AM »
    Application Template

Feel free to use bold and other formatting to increase the readability of your application if you so desire. Remove the bracketed Italic sentences when submitting please.
    NOTE:  Failure to use this template will result in your application being marked as denied.
    Note: When copying this template leave out the bracketed text in Italics.

Character Name:
    Battletag: (This helps get in contact quicker, but is not mandatory.)
    Class:
    Level: (If you're not at level cap, don't bother.)
    Armory Link:
    (Please log out in the gear and spec you're applying as.)
    Talent Spec Summary: (Please explain why you decided to choose the talents you did, and in what situations may consider using other alternatives.)
    World of Logs or Warcraft Logs Combat Parse:
    (Providing parses are a requirement)
    Screenshot of your UI (please use imgur.com):
    (Preferably in a Raid setting. Again, this will help us get a general impression of your awareness and investment in your character.)
    Time Played:
    (Total and time at max level.)
    Regular Playing Times:
    *Be honest about your play time; if you become a whelp and your play times were not what you represented for raiding, it is grounds for being denied as a whelp.
    Timezone:

Our raid times are:
    Tuesday: 6:30pm to 10:30pm
    Wednesday: 6:30pm to 10:30pm
    Thursday: 6:30pm to 10:30pm
    These are all server time, do you feel you can commit to ALL of these raids? We are looking for people with 90% or higher attendance, even higher for applicants.

Your Progression in Current Content.
    (We are fairly progressed in current content, and as such we expect you should you pass the interview process to be able to step in and be an asset.)

Is you current PC able to handle anything Blizzard can throw at it? Or do you have frame drop issues, disconnects during intense activity, etc?

Whats your most anticipated upgrade for your current gear, and why?

What sites do you use to further your chosen class/spec? Do you use spreadsheets or gear selectors for upgrades or do you "wing" it?

WoW Guild History:
    (A summary of notable guilds you have been in, a description of raids you have completed, and current progression you are working on.)

MMO History:
    (Did you play any other games? or have you been a wowcrack addict for 5+ years?)

Do you consider yourself more into PvE, PvP, or a combination of the two?

References:
    (Guild members, if any, that know you well.  If you aren't 100% sure you know each other well, please ask them before using them as a reference. Running an instance with someone one time is not sufficient to use a person as a reference.  Please keep that in mind before putting someone's name down.)

About You:
    (The above is just standard information we would like to see.  Write more about yourself, especially along the lines of giving us an idea of your personality, why you would like to join our guild, and what you would be bringing to the guild.  This section of the application is freeform if you choose to be creative, but it isn't expected.)

Have you read and understand our DKP policies regarding applicants/whelps/wyrms/drakes?
    (Feel free to ask anyone in guild to help you with this lol.)
    « Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 07:09:34 PM by Smokenfire »
    semper veritas
    ad maiorem gen gloriam

|| Tangster - Troll Priest | Dream - Undead Mage | Morpheus - Tauren Druid ||